Friday, January 23, 2009

Choice of Destiny 014

Exploring Infinite Existence

S: You wanted to know what I mean by exploring Un-manifest God. Infinite Existence itself is un-manifest. I want to realize, feel, see and observe that.
G: But how? Is there any method, any instrument to do that.
S: Let us call Infinite existence as Om for the sake of simplicity. As far as I know, nothing that is in my body and mind, nothing that is invented by scientists and technologists that can help me realize Om, the Infinite Existence. Yes, great leaders have prescribed different paths of Love, Prayer, Devotion, Worship, Meditation, etc to realize Om. But they say that these methods help come close to realizing Infinite Existence, but do not place you there.
G: This looks odd and funny that you believe that there is something called Om that is indestructible and formless, that is always in existence everywhere and in everything. You also believe that this Om is God that you wish to realize. Finally, you say that there exists no method by which you can realize Om. All this is meaningless.
S: Absolutely. You are right. But what appears meaningless to you is the most logical and meaningful to me. Just consider the properties of Om. It cannot be seen, perceived, proved, measured or felt. Om pervades all that exists (and does not exist). Now by definition, Om cannot be realized by anything else but OM itself. If I have to realize Om, I have to fully identify myself with Om.
G: How do you do that?
S: By cultivating the properties of OM.
G: Please explain this.
S: The main property of OM is that it is the same everywhere and always. It does not differentiate between any two or more things because it is all pervading in the entire creation. For Om, everything is the same one and only one thing. So, I need to feel and think the same way. It means I have to stop thinking that I am different from any thing else in this creation. I am OM. I exist everywhere. Therefore, there is nothing but me in this entire creation.
G: But you are different from me!
S: No, I am not different than you or anything else. Everything is OM. I you, he, she, this, that, they and all are OM. They are the same and indistinguishable. I am just trying to think and feel all the time this way only.
G: But really you cannot do that because when you are talking to me, you are a person different from me. If you think that everything is same OM, you cannot work.
S: What you say is not correct. An actor plays different roles in different plays. An individual plays the role of a child, an adolescent, an adult, a father, a son, a friend, and a foe.
But his ability to play roles is absolute. This ability is like OM. The different roles are only the different manifestations of the pure/ un-manifest ability to play roles. This existence of this ability pervades all roles. And, it is one and the same thing across all roles. That ability is the power; it transforms a player in to different roles at different points of time. If I am that power, I do not identify myself with a particular role. So, I identify myself with that ability. Once I do that I will be soon able to identify myself with all persons who have that ability. Once I do that I will be able to identify myself with all persons in the world since each one in the world is playing one or more roles without being conscious of the acting ability.
G: This last point seems not so logical. But let me grant this to you to save time and avoid digression at this stage. Now, what you are saying appears simple in theory. I have to do whatever I do but I must think that behind my actions and everyone else’s actions lie the unique OM, which is what I really, I am. My body, mind and everyone else‘s body and mind are only manifest transformations of the same OM. In practice this is difficult to apply.
S: Ah! You are absolutely right. That is what great leaders, saints and sages and learned people have told us time and again. They had told us that we develop ego of being different from others: different from non-living beings, different from living beings who do not behave like humans, different from people of other lands, countries, states, cities, villages, localities and houses and rooms, different from our father, mother, siblings, children and so on. This ego has to be given up. You see many old people give up their egos once they retire from work, become physically weak, lose eyesight and memory and as they await death to come over. So it is possible that the sense of being different goes away as one continues to live and interact with others. But it is difficult.
G: If it is difficult and if you are not certain that you can reach the goal, why try at all?
S: No one tries this unless one is destined to go through this path. I am not asking you to take lessons from me and apply. I am only narrating what I have understood of things about which I have not found full explanation from whatever I have read or seen or been told. You are destined to ask “why”. I am destined to respond the way I have done. Nothing could have been different for you and I at this point of time than what we are passing through.
G: Fine. But let me also know how you are trying to get rid of the sense of being different from others.
S: I try to follow what others have said and to the extent I like doing so. See prayer, worship and devotion to God are one way eradicating ego because you submit to someone. Another way is love and service: loving and caring others may help you feel that you are loving and caring yourself. Meditation is another way because you go on thinking about the oneness of all things in the Creation. I try to do all these things but not consistently, not following any routine, or method prescribed. I try this way because I am destined to do this.
G: How does this Destiny principle related to your concept of God.
S: This is something we take up another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment