Friday, January 23, 2009

Choice of Destiny 012

Destination God

G: Why do you refer to me as G, Sir? And, to yourself as S when you record our conversation?
S: Since you call me Sir, I am S. Since my surname starts with S, S is suitable. Since I refer to my own Self, S is an appropriate abbreviation. Most importantly, you are helping me in my path to knowledge; I am your disciple or Sishya, which starts with the letter S. So, I refer to myself as S. You are my Guru and you are also a manifestation of my God. Both Guru and God begin with the letter G. So, I refer to you as G. I am serving God as a servant, so I am referred to as S.

G: That may be a nice way of explaining the abbreviations. But how do you think that I am a manifestation of God. What is the concept of God do you believe in?
S: In my concept of God, there can be nothing anywhere anytime which is not a manifestation of God or God pure, not manifested in any form.
G: I understand what you say. You are saying that God is everywhere and in everything all the time. Then you are yourself a manifestation of God?
S: Yes, I am a manifestation of God. But I am exploring the possibility to go beyond this manifestation to know the pure formless, un-manifest God.
G: Isn’t that an exploration in futility? Will you ever reach that stage of knowledge?
S: Most probably, the exploration may turn out to be futile and I may never reach that stage. But I believe as a rational human being I have to make a choice between trying to know and not trying to know. Whatever I have been doing since my birth does not appear to me as something based on a sound rationale. I want to seek that rationale even as I continue to live the future days, as I have done in the past days, doing without knowing the rationale.
G: But great philosophers, the spiritual leaders, and scriptures, The Gita – all these give you enough to know the rationale.
S: You are absolutely right. Great souls and minds have given us precious knowledge about the purpose, the meaning and the ideal ways of living our lives as human beings.
But I have not been able to understand and comprehend them in a manner that would satisfy me and give me a feeling that what I do is based on a rationale that binds all my past, present and future doings. So, I have to try my own way even if I am certain to fail.
As far as I understand, the ultimate realization of the Knowledge is not based on following the precepts Gurus, philosophers, prophets, seers and scriptures have preached or recorded, practicing their advice and thinking about such available knowledge. To realize the Truth on has to move beyond all these. The Gita also prescribes the path to realization?
G: Why don’t you follow such a path that has already been prescribed? Take the help of a competent Guru,
S: All the paths indicated appear simple but very difficult to practice. I do not find myself naturally given to practice the various paths. It would seem I am doomed to failure. Yes, a Guru can definitely help. But chasing or choosing a Guru with all earnestness is again something that does not come naturally to me. So, I do what comes naturally to me without much effort. This is how the Destiny Principle works out in my case.
G: In other words, you are doing as per what you are destined to do in accordance with the Devine Stochastic Destiny Principle that you always refer to. And, you have no other choice.
S: Yes, I am therefore doing exactly what I am destined to do since I have no real freedom to choose. Even if I am doing something that appeals to me as a path towards Knowledge, it is not my choice. Neither is the continuity of the path that I am currently following is certain. Nor can the chance of failure to acquire the knowledge ruled out.
G: It seems that you are not a man of strong will and determination. You seem to be a lazy person without strong convictions.
S: You are probably correct in your assessment. My own assessment is also similar. But I still have no choice but to do what I am doing to know God.
G: We come back to old question again. If everything in this world or the universe is a manifestation of God, you know God already.
S: No. Unless I know the un-manifest, formless God, I cannot fully know the various manifestation of God.
G: Fine. But for that you need to do something, which as I understand you will perforce do as per your Stochastic Destiny Principle. But what is this concept of Pure, un-manifest and formless God you have?
S: My God is the Creator of all.
G: But that is the way God is defined by all except those who do not believe in God.
S: You are right. And, my God is also Creator of Himself in the sense that he is an integral part of the creation. Conceptually and logically, I find difficult to accept a Creator who is not part of the Creation itself.
G: How do you then define Creation?
S: We take a break and come back to discuss Creation

No comments:

Post a Comment